Sunday, January 30, 2011

Dragón Ball Af

Policy Lessons.

almost two years ago I decided to commit even more Telde. I had done from the standpoint of cultural and work and believed it was time to bring also from politics. I am convinced that "if you're not part of the solution, you are part of the problem" and was evening and early you decide.

Any new process has a way of learning, turns and goings, thoughts and decisions, choices and opportunities, failures and successes, recognition and sacrifice. It's life. Is only "way to go."

After a time of reflection, conversations with people around me, the first effort I had to do was combine the most possible approaches my life, my principles and values, my beliefs with a political organization that could furnished the necessary space to develop my concerns. And that place I found when I ran the project represented Telde Canarian Coalition. He had just been named a candidate for mayor and had renewed the local executive.

During the first week I received three calls. All acquaintances / friends of other political organizations. The first was from a friend who asked me directly "what ambition you Dani? What you put on the lists? ". I did not know then or what it was. (Excuse my innocence). My first lesson in politics is knowing that other factors alter the products. Is not the same "principles + values \u200b\u200b+ value + luck + personal ambition" that "ambition + values \u200b\u200b+ principles ...." Clearly not, simply because the first factor determines the rest. The second call was to thank my entry into politics, "although in another game," as it saw Telde "gained by my presence." These words were an important boost, knowing from which position they came. Second lesson: people with good political intentions, but intentions do not always are always essential. The third call was from someone who told me that if I repented "in his party always had an open door." Third lesson: in politics there are many people who love you not for what you are but what they fail to win. It was a week, the first, intense and full of emotions.

Then, with your brothers and sisters, began the joint construction of a project. And that certainly is a real learning! At this time, I have not stopped learning, to grow, to learn, to observe, to analyze. Right now I do not regret the decision, but rather the opposite.

Despite some sadness. The first and most painful is to uncover how they are used and attacked a project being led by people "young." I have always believed that young people are more than a fill of a cushion where your back some support. Undoubtedly believe otherwise would be to alter the order of factors my principles: I am a teacher, educator, Salesian and have always participated in youth associations. What should be one of the most cherished values \u200b\u200bof society: education and youth in Telde many consider a liability and is used as an argument to ridicule, and what they do is to stand with their opinions in a position that no agree at all, and surely, many people either.

The second sorrow (and disappointed) to discover that "anything goes" and that it matters little for the common good or the future. Mediocrity has been installed. And with them mercenaries. And if you lie to lie, and whether to cry is shouted. Life is like that. Well the only consolation we have is that if it were not for these, there would be fighters.

But in the end, the biggest learning has been the discovery that if you could pick up an acronym, a political force (which is) very strong and repeatedly shaken, what remains are the people, with our faults and virtues, our failings and potential, our limitations and greatness, and the extent to which we know to be consistent with yourself and with what we believe, faithful to the depths of each, we reach what we want. And that is one of the glories of freedom: to choose which one people want to be. And I, I've done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment